June 4, 2009

Holy Hefeweizen! Part 1 (Ayinger Brau-Weisse)

Hefeweizen. The first type of beer I decided that I enjoyed. Not sure how this came to be the case-- I think it may have been a wicked combination of peer pressure, intoxication, and youthful ignorance. I've definitely changed my tastes a little, but the style remains reliable, refreshing, and something easy to fall back on when my decision making is sub par. 
So at my weekly Puck Fair visit, I, flustered and tired, picked the Ayinger tap (always a surprise!) and it was a hefeweizen and I was like eh... until I took a sip. It's a really good beer. It smells mildly spiced and mildly fruity, with an almost perfect balance between the two. It tastes just as balanced and quite crisp. Since I talked or "intently" listened to my friend Leah almost the whole time I was drinking the beer, it was hard to focus on precisely what each flavor was. After a few half-focused attempts, I realized it was much nicer to just enjoy the beer, rather than try to analyze it.  So I can't tell you the specifics of the brew. But I can say that it was pretty damn tasty, with a light complexity that made it easy to drink, and it was really really refreshing. Go buy some. Highly recommended. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Beer Girl,
    You have a great beer blog! I hope you can become a member of our website: http://www.thebeerinme.com/

    Cheers,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete